ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Hillmann" <>
Subject Q: How to redefine a public repository?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:46:33 GMT
I'm new to Ivy, and I'm trying to use the v 2.0.0 Beta 2 release for
the first time (well, more specifically, Ivy for the first time).  I
have been using Maven for the last few months.  We have a local
Artifactory Maven repository inside our network, which I would like to
use for Ivy's public repository.  I really need to, as the Unix box on
which I develop does not have access to the external world, but can
access the Artifactory server (which has been granted access to
external repository and acts as a mirror).

So, I've read through the doco, and I've defined an ivysettings.xml
file as follows:

	<settings defaultResolver="default"/>
	<include url="ivysettings-public.xml"/>
	<include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
	<include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
	<include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
	<include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-default-chain.xml"/>

I've defined a new file, ivysettings-public.xml, which defines the
public repository....

        <url name="public" m2compatible="true">

When I attempt to run this, I get the following error:

No ivy:settings found for the default reference 'ivy.instance'.  A
default instance will be used
     [null] :: Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 - 20080225093827 :: ::
     [null] :: loading settings :: file =

impossible to configure ivy:settings with given file:
:java.text.ParseException: failed to load settings from
io problem while parsing config file: no protocol:

So, from what I can see, it's finding the local settings file, and
trying to load up the ivysettings-public.xml file, but it's getting a
protocol error.  Does anyone know what this means?  The file's not
that big, and it looks like it's written OK.

Thanks for any help,

View raw message