ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:40:09 GMT
A few more feed back:

1. I like the fact that the ivy.xml and build.xml contains a license
boilerplate.  I think it should a rule, and that the AL should be
applied systematically for all meta-data info stored in ivy-rep
2. As I said before, I don't like the term 'build'.  Something like
'download', 'install', 'get', etc... would be much better.
3. Signatures should be considered, and all meta-data files should be signed.
4. You should consider versioning of the meta-data.   ivyroundup will
be a downstream distributor, you can make errors that you will have to
fix, without asking a new release from your upstream distributor, and
still allowing build reproduceability.
(by build reproduceability, I mean that the user must be able to
define with high precision what he want to change).
5. A dependency repository needs to :
			- Notify users in case of a new version of a module that he use.
			- Provides release notes links.
6. You might encounter hosting issues

--
Gilles Scokart