ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:06:35 GMT

IMO, I would go as far as tackling the extraction problem, but not
farther than that.  Ivy is very configurable from Ant, which can handle
all your build needs.

I could see maybe adding an aggregate attribute to the existing
resolvers, like so.
<url name="foo-zips">
	<archive type="tar" compression="gz"
pattern="${url}/[organisation]/[module].tar.gz"/>
	<artifact pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
	<ivy pattern="[organisation]/[module]/ivy.xml"/>
</url>

Thus the caller would never need to know that the artifacts came from a
..tar.gz.  I think that is a good idea.  However, I'm not sure it's a
good idea to introduce other concerns around building.  One reason I
prefer Ivy+Ant to Maven is that I don't have to clutter my dependency
descriptor with a bunch of goop for source-mapping and build logic, and
I would hope that any public repository would preserve and respect that
principle.