ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: documentation
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:35:52 GMT

My 2 cents... IMO, the choice of the wiki software is not the main concern.  Some wiki languages
are irritating, and it's also irritating that so many exist.  But all of them are trivial
and easily learned within a few minutes.  Confluence is preferable because it can be extended
with Java, but the big need we have here is committing text somewhere.

I'd prefer to see a public-access Subversion branch for documentation.  This would make it
easier to accumulate changes and merge them into the reference docs.  Although I think the
reference docs could be organized more intuitively, at least you can find them if you know
the XML schema.  The biggest need is to add more content, cross-referencing, and completing
the pages that end with "see tutorial".

I do think a wiki would be good for collecting common techniques, patterns, and use-case stories.
 I would want to initialize the effort on the existing MoinMoin site unless someone sees a
great advantage in doing otherwise.