ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject Namespace problems
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:52:10 GMT
I'm getting errors I don't understand while using install with namespace
and I'd appreciate any insight.

Briefly, my intention is to copy foo-module-1.0.0.0 from an RC
repository into a final repository with the version changed to 1.0.0
(truncating the final number).

My rename rule looks like this:

<rule>
     <fromsystem>
        <!-- Space holder, because although there will never be a
fromsystem copy, Ivy still throws NPE if we don't include this xml
element -->
     </fromsystem>
        <tosystem>
           <src rev="(.+)\.(.+)\.(.+)\.(.+)"/>

           <dest rev="$r1\.$r2\.$r3"/>

        </tosystem>
</rule>

First, a question... clearly, the <fromsystem> is required because I get
a NullPointerException if it is not defined.  But am I wrong to think
that <fromsystem> is unnecessary if I know that I will never install
*from* the system, always *to* it?

Second, regarding the strange error:
[ivy:install] ERROR: rc-fs: bad revision found in
C:\artifact-repositories\rc-repo\myorg\foo-module\1.0.0.0\ivy.xml:
expected='1.0.0.0 found='1.0.0'
[ivy:install] java.text.ParseException: inconsistent module descriptor
file found in
'C:\artifact-repositories\rc-repo\myorg\foo-module\1.0.0.0\ivy.xml': bad
revision: expected='1.0.0.0' found='1.0.0';

I don't understand the reasons for this error, because naturally the
original ivy file should not contain the modified revision number.
Even more odd, it seems to me that the semantic sense of the error is
reversed.   The so-called 'expected' revision 1.0.0.0 is definitely
found in the 1.0.0.0\ivy.xml file.   The so-called 'found' revision of
1.0.0 is, of course, not found in that any file (since 1.0.0 is the new
revision number to be installed).   So basically I'm totally confused as
to what went wrong.

I'd really appreciate help understanding this, I beat my head against it
for several hours and came no closer to understanding it.   I emulated
the tutorial as much as possible, but it seems I am having no luck.

Thanks,
Carlton

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>