ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Paul.Mac...@nokia.com>
Subject Defining a custom ToolsResolver
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:40:41 GMT
One use case we are looking at is using Ivy to implement dependency
checking on the set of tools and their versions that our toolkit
requires. For this I would imagine some kind of custom ToolsResolver
would be needed, but based on my previous questions about custom
resolvers, it seems there is quite a strong dependency on file-like
objects, downloading, caches and so on.

Does a tools resolver make sense and how might it best be implemented?
There would be nothing to download but resolution would involve running
each tool in a certain way to check its version (at least that is how we
implemented our current checker which is less flexible). In this case
would it be more appropriate to derive from AbstractResolver? Is it
important to still have some kind of custom cache class also?

thanks

paul