ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:42:13 GMT
It's more policy than anything else.
Plus Its hard to build Ivy in house with our unique processes :(


Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 April 2008 12:58
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) < Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
wrote:

> JIRAed
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-800
>
> Thanks for doing the update so fast.  I wonder is there a download
> (tar.gz or similar for this)  as Unfortunatly due to company
> restrictions I cannot download from SVN or other source outside the firm.

Even using https svn access? Most of the time people behind firewalls still have access using
the https://svn.apache.org/ url. If you really don't I'll upload a jar somewhere for you to
test.

Xavier


>
> Many thanks,
>
>
> Alex Foreman
> Morgan Stanley | Technology
> 20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06 London, E14 4QW
> Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
> Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
> Sent: 17 April 2008 09:40
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.
>
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
> Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:
>
> > If I had for instance:
> > <info organisation="apache" ......  Color="blue">
> >
> > When I use a trigger I cannot access the color.  Or at least I
> > cannot see how to. For instance: ${dep.download-size} prints but I
> > cannot seem to get access to the extras.
> >
> > Is this documented anywhere?  Or shall I add a JIRA?
>
> Checking the code, it seems that some extra attributes should be
> available, but maybe not those that you'd like...
>
> The extra attributes which are available in pre and post
> resolve-dependency are the extra attributes you have on your
> dependency declaration, not those declared in the module descriptor of the dependency.
>
> For the pre-reslve-dependency event, we can't do better, since before
> resolving the dependency we don't have the module descriptor yet. In
> the post resolve dependency, we could improve Ivy to put the extra
> attributes declared in the resolved module.
>
> Since it's so easy to do I've just checked in a change in Ivy which
> should make these extra attributes available in
> post-resolve-dependency. Could you check it works for you? Whatever
> the result, could you please open an issue in jira at least to ask for documenting this?
>
> Xavier
>
>
> >
> >
> > Alex Foreman
> > Morgan Stanley | Technology
> > 20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06 London, E14 4QW
> > Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
> > Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com
> > --------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
> > Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of
> > this email is prohibited when received in error.
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ http://www.xoocode.org/
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender
> does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this
> email is prohibited when received in error.
>



--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/ http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to
waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

Mime
View raw message