ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:11:03 GMT
JIRAed

Thanks for doing the update so fast.  I wonder is there a download (tar.gz or similar for
this)  as Unfortunatly due to company restrictions I cannot download from SVN or other source
outside the firm.

Many thanks,

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 April 2008 09:40
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) < Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
wrote:

> If I had for instance:
> <info organisation="apache" ......  Color="blue">
>
> When I use a trigger I cannot access the color.  Or at least I cannot
> see how to. For instance: ${dep.download-size} prints but I cannot
> seem to get access to the extras.
>
> Is this documented anywhere?  Or shall I add a JIRA?

Checking the code, it seems that some extra attributes should be available, but maybe not
those that you'd like...

The extra attributes which are available in pre and post resolve-dependency are the extra
attributes you have on your dependency declaration, not those declared in the module descriptor
of the dependency.

For the pre-reslve-dependency event, we can't do better, since before resolving the dependency
we don't have the module descriptor yet. In the post resolve dependency, we could improve
Ivy to put the extra attributes declared in the resolved module.

Since it's so easy to do I've just checked in a change in Ivy which should make these extra
attributes available in post-resolve-dependency. Could you check it works for you? Whatever
the result, could you please open an issue in jira at least to ask for documenting this?

Xavier

--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/ http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/