ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: IvyDE Accepted Types
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 09:58:39 GMT

From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 March 2008 14:29
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: IvyDE Accepted Types

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Foreman, Alex (IT) < Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
wrote:

> I have set Accepted types to:
> jar, zip, dll
>
> Within IvyDE
>
> I have a ivyfile which defines a list of .so files and .dll files.
> All in the same configuration.
>
> I want to grab stuff by type only.
>
> When building on unix I want to say:
> Give me this module and all its artifacts that are .so types only
>
> Eg
> Artifact -> x.dll
> Artifact -> y.dll
> Artifact -> z.so
>
> Would return just z.so as type="jar,so"
>
> This doesn't seem to work in unix either or from the dos shell.
> <ivy:cachepath pathid="tests" conf="jni" type="so" useOrigin="true" />
> Grabs everything in the configuration regardless of type.
>
> Is this a bug?  Missing functionality?  As according to this page:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/cachepath.html
> This is what 'type' does.
>
> This is a major blocker for me.  If I can say grab everything that is
> of types x and y and ignore everything else then I have pretty much
> solved my problems with getting JNIs working

It should work. But note that the filter is applied by cachepath only, not by the resolve.
So Ivy will actually download all artifacts, but only so should be in your path 'tests' after
the call to cachepath. If it doesn't work like that, you can open an issue, describing precisely
how you call cachepath, what is your ivy file for the dependency, and what you get in your
path.

Xavier

--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/ http://ant.apache.org/ivy/