ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Claude Cerebro" <jeanclaude.cere...@gmail.com>
Subject documentation
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:19:45 GMT
Hi Xavier,
As a newbie just staring with Ivy I must say that I love Ivy but I'm
disappointed, not with the capability of Ivy but with the documentation.

Although the level of completeness is very detailed, as a user (customer) of
Ivy I'm finding it very difficult to negotiate simple tasks without having
to cross-references the examples, the docs, the website, not so clearly
defined links on the website, and the faq.

In addition, the docs on the website although complete are not clear to a
user.

I feel that the adoption of ivy in a larger scale hinges on better
documentation.  Documentation that is dead-simple and presents things in a
use case fashion that builds on one another that tackles one concept at a
time and then gets into the more complicated use cases.

Ivy is great and solves a problem really well, the documentation needs to
distill that in simplistic way.

You may not agree and might be offended at this email and I apologize for
that but I think someone needs to say this as I would like to see this
project succeed and become widely adopted in the industry.

Jean-Claude