ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject defaultconf for publications
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:00:54 GMT
Let's say I have 5 configurations and 50 artifacts in my ivy.xml file.  Let's say all artifacts
are valid for all configurations so I don't specify a conf on anything since the default is
*.  Now let's say I introduce a new configuration that only 1 artifact belongs to.  Now I
have to change all 49 artifacts and add a conf="conf1,conf2,conf3,conf4,conf5" since the default
of * would now include the 6th configuration that I just added.  That is a pain.

It would be better to add a defaultconf attribute on the publications tag so that a missing
conf attribute would default to the defaultconf instead of *.

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.