ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies and Global Excludes
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:50:03 GMT
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Michael Laccetti <michael@s2g.ca> wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1) Is there any way to see the transitive dependencies?  My current build
> is
> failing because Ivy is trying to pull down com.sun#ldapbp;1.0, which isn't
> in the Maven repository. The only problem is that I cannot find where this
> is coming from, so I cannot block it and feed in the
> com.sun.jndi.ldap#ldapbp;1.0 dependency instead.  Which leads to part
> two...

I think you can see it in verbose or debug mode, but it's not obvious.
logging the depender(s) when a dependency is not found would be a nice
improvement. You can open an issue if you like.

> 2) How can I block dependencies for the entire project?  Similar to the
> first question, something is trying to pull in
> org.spring#spring-ldap#1.1.2,
> which has some POM hashing issues.  So, I'm trying to pull in
> org.springframework.ldap#spring-ldap;1.2.1 instead.  I just need to know
> how
> to block the one and use the other.

I'll answer with a trunk feature (which has changed since beta 2). The
easiest is to override the version required, instead of excluding / adding.
This can be achieved like this:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
	[...]
	<dependencies>
		[put your dependencies here]

		<override org="org.spring" module="spring-ldap" rev="1.2.1" />
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

But I just notice that you ask to override the organization too, which is
not possible currently. So you can either ensure more consistent names with
a namespace (both versions of spring-ldap should have the same org), or use
global exclude:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
	[...]
	<dependencies>
		[put your dependencies here]

		<exclude org="org.spring" module="spring-ldap" rev="1.1.2" />
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

HTH,

Xavier