ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: documentation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:09:29 GMT
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:45 AM, dtayl <dtayl@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
> > nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

> >> oops, I don't know why I didn't saw it, good point ;)
> >

> > Maybe because we don't really use it. It seems some people would be
> > interested in contributing to an open form of documentation as a wiki
> (which
> > doesn't replace the official reference documentation, which IMHO is
> better
> > managed at the same place as the sources). So maybe the problem is that
> we
> > need to initialize the effort. Maybe it's because people aren't used to
> > MoinMoin, or don't like it. I often see people saying they prefer
> > Confluence, I do prefer confluence too. Since we have almost nothing on
> our
> > current wiki, maybe we could consider migrating to a confluence wiki,
> and
> > see if more people get involved?
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > Xavier
>
> I went to the above URL, and saw darkness. First I cursed the darkness,
> but then finally resolved to light a candle. I planned to start by
> uploading some existing basic descriptions (in Confluence wiki syntax)
> of our Ivy build system (created by Xavier), to show one example of Ivy
> in action (aka "use case", in geektalk). Then I saw MoinMoin...I've
> returned to cursing the darkness.
>
> WDIT? Confluence hurts, but my workplace uses it.
> Confluence + MoinMoin = Wiki OD.
> Please migrate to anything that won't force me to learn another wiki.

I like your style, David :-) And you give a very good point: I think much
more people already use confluence than people who use MoinMoin, especially
in the java world. So it's one more argument for migrating to confluence.
I'll start a vote on dev@ant.a.o to see if we can go this way.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/