ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ChainResolver
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:02:52 GMT
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Ernest Pasour <Ernest.Pasour@sas.com>
wrote:

> Hi.  I'm use the Ivy api directly (2.0Beta1) and I ran into a small
> annoyance.  My default resolver is a ChainResolver.  However, the
> ChainResolver class doesn't implement methods such as listOrganisations(),
> listModules(...), or listRevisions(...).  Is this intentional or something
> that will eventually be done?  Right now, I'm flattening the list of
> children of my ChainResolver until I get down to a list of BasicResolvers
> that can answer those queries.

Well, the listing methods are more intended to be used internally by the
SearchEngine, which has access to each resolver individually, and as such
doesn't require for the ChainResolver to perform the listing. But as an API
it doesn't make sense. The problem is that the Ivy API is not really
defined, and still require work. ATM I'd suggest either using the
SearchEngine, or do what you do now. You can also open an issue to request
better and more consisten API for listing at resolver level.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/