ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Ivy RoundUp] status of current repo
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:18:40 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed that Archie has done a very good job recently to update the
roundup repo with more consistent naming conventions:
http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules.xml

I really like the consistent names, and the way data is displayed with xslt.
Great job!

There's one thing I'd like to discuss though: the jms module. First, I think
the organization should be javax.jms instead of com.sun. It's the package
name used in the API, so I think it'd better fit the naming conventions we
seem to agree on. Secondly, I see that the "build" instructions require to
download manually the archive from sun's site. I think we can do better.
jms-1.1.jar is available at least here:
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar

It can also be obtained in this archive:
https://mq.dev.java.net/files/documents/5002/66518/mq4_1-binary-Linux_X86-20070816.jar,
in /mq/lib/jms.jar (it's JMS 1.1 version according to OpenMQ 4.1 Release
Notes).

Sources can be obtained in this archive:
https://mq.dev.java.net/files/documents/5002/66515/mq4_1-source.zip
they are available in /mq/src/share/java/, where only the javax/jms
directory should be used.

Javadoc are more difficult to find, in the openmq binary archive there is
javadoc for jms, but packaged with openmq javadoc, so index files are mixed,
we can't really repackage them without losing the index files.

So I could update the build instructions myself now that I have the
appropriate rights, but first I'd like to ask what do you think about the
organization name, and second what do you think about using jms jar and
sources which are not officially coming from the original source.

Xavier
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/