ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:46:07 GMT
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > Also, a general request - does anyone have a hibernate ivy file they
> > would
> > > like to contribute?
> >
> > You have some here:
> > https://opensvn.csie.org/ivyrepsandbox/hibernate/hibernate/
> >

> Hey Xavier, is this "ivyrepsandbox" your project? What is its purpose?

It's as old as ivyrep. There's a link and some explanation here:
http://www.jaya.free.fr/ivyrep/

People willing to contribute files over there used to ask for an account.
Unfortunately I don't think I still receive the e-mails, so nobody can get
new accounts (except by asking directly). I don't know if people with
accounts still commits things over there.

> Would it make sense to import all these files into Ivy Round Up? Under
> what
> license are they?

No license, people contributed them with no specific agreement...

> More generally, is there a pool of "high quality" ivy.xml files out there
> somewhere that we should import into RoundUp?

The only high quality ivy files I'm aware of are in IvyRep. And even those
are not of very high quality considering the naming conventions used. I
think they are a good source of inspiration, but that's pretty much all.

Thinking out loud about quality, I think it will be difficult to get a good
quality from scratch. So maybe the repository should have versions as you
already suggested: people who want to use the latest updates use the trunk,
while others use 0.x versions to get something more stable. Once we'll have
a large and consistent enough repo, we could go to 1.0 and never break
backward compatiblity from there. Then a vote mechanism to ensure new
metadata is still consistent and good enough would be very interesting.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/