ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:10:03 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Brown, Carlton <
Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:

> [...]

It depends how you consider the roundup repository. I think its intent is to
be a kind of meta repository: it contains metadata helping to build an
actual repository. Maybe what's confusing is that archie suggest to use it
as a repository directly. IMO this is required only until we can get enough
support to have a good hosting for the actual repository. Then both the meta
repository and the actual repository would make sense: the meta repository
is helpful for people who want to create their own repository, and easier to
update than a repository made by hand. But it isn't used directly from Ivy.
The actual repository is the only thing that is used by mere users.

In that case I'm not sure it wouldn't make sense to allow actual compilation
of modules from the metadata provided by the meta repository. Not sure it
should be part of the resolver though, and this can come later IMO.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/