ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing extra attributes from a trigger.
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:40:12 GMT
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> If I had for instance:
> <info organisation="apache" ......  Color="blue">
>
> When I use a trigger I cannot access the color.  Or at least I cannot see
> how to. For instance: ${dep.download-size} prints but I cannot seem to get
> access to the extras.
>
> Is this documented anywhere?  Or shall I add a JIRA?

Checking the code, it seems that some extra attributes should be available,
but maybe not those that you'd like...

The extra attributes which are available in pre and post resolve-dependency
are the extra attributes you have on your dependency declaration, not those
declared in the module descriptor of the dependency.

For the pre-reslve-dependency event, we can't do better, since before
resolving the dependency we don't have the module descriptor yet. In the
post resolve dependency, we could improve Ivy to put the extra attributes
declared in the resolved module.

Since it's so easy to do I've just checked in a change in Ivy which should
make these extra attributes available in post-resolve-dependency. Could you
check it works for you? Whatever the result, could you please open an issue
in jira at least to ask for documenting this?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/