ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: files without extensions as artifacts
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:10:41 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Shawn Castrianni <

> 1. Shouldn't (.[ext]) be the default?  I can't think of why I would ever
> need a dot with an extension so it seems better to require the user to do
> something special to turn that on instead of the other way around.

It should be the default for patterns which are defined in Ivy. I'm sure for
cache patterns, not sure for ibiblio and ivyrep patterns though, neither for
retrieve pattern. Please open an issue if you see it's not the case.

> 2. Which pattern do I change to (.[ext])?  I have cache patterns, resolver
> patterns, retrieve patterns, and publish patterns.  Should I go ahead and
> change all of them?

The patterns where you don't want to get the extra dot. I think changing
them all is better, but if you only want to get rid of the extra dot once
the artifacts are retrieved, you only need to change your retrieve pattern.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/