ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documentation
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:19:13 GMT
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

> Le 13 avr. 08 à 02:10, Jing Xue a écrit :
>
>  On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:17:14PM -0600, Jean-Claude Cerebro wrote:
> >
> > > I agree.
> > >
> > > In this case then, I would suggest we get a wiki that we can freely
> > > edit and
> > > the core ivyteam can pick and choose what they want to include into
> > > the main
> > > docs.  Confluence is a great option
> > > and codehaus uses this.
> > >

> > There is a wiki for Ivy, as well as for any Apache project.  8-)
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/ivy/
> >

> oops, I don't know why I didn't saw it, good point ;)

Maybe because we don't really use it. It seems some people would be
interested in contributing to an open form of documentation as a wiki (which
doesn't replace the official reference documentation, which IMHO is better
managed at the same place as the sources). So maybe the problem is that we
need to initialize the effort. Maybe it's because people aren't used to
MoinMoin, or don't like it. I often see people saying they prefer
Confluence, I do prefer confluence too. Since we have almost nothing on our
current wiki, maybe we could consider migrating to a confluence wiki, and
see if more people get involved?

WDYT?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/