ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Namespace problems
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:57:54 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Brown, Carlton <
Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:

> I'd like to bump this topic one more time.  After more testing using
> static revision numbers, I am still not able to use Ivy namespaces to
> map revision numbers between repositories.  There's no problem with
> organisations or modules.
>
> This time I used static revision numbers instead of expressions, in
> order to guarantee an 1:1 relationship.   For example, trying to map
> rev=1.0.0.1 to rev=1.0.0-final.   It kept failing with an error similar
> to below, "inconsistent module descriptor".  It claims it "found" a
> revision of 1.0.0-final inside ivy-1.0.01.xml (which is NOT contained in
> the file), although it expected a revision of 1.0.0.1 (which truly IS in
> the ivy-1.0.0.1.xml file).
>
> So does namespace mapping actually work for revisions?  Is there a test
> case for this?

I doubt we have a test case for this, and I've never heard people using
namespaces for this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's buggy. Just to be
sure, in your last test (with static revision) did you provide the
conversion rules in both ways (from and to system). Because I haven't
checked the code, but I think currently Ivy relies on both rules to handle
namespace properly.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/