ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Populating Licenses Column in Ivy Report
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:42:28 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Kepler Project <kepler.project@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This question probably has an obvious answer, but I have looked through
> the
> documentation and through the forum archives and haven't come across one
> yet...
>
> How do you populate the licenses field in the Ivy Report for third-party
> jars? In particular, in an ideal world, I would like the field to be
> populated with a link that would be a short-hand name of the license and
> would point to the text of the license. It seems like a logical place to
> put
> this information would be within each dependency tag, but I do not see an
> appropriate attribute...
>
> For example:
>
> LGPLv3
> BSD
>
> Each would link to the appropriate license.

The license column is populated from the license information provided in the
module metadata:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/license.html

You can't define the license in the dependency tag, you have to provide
metadata for the module to have this information. I'm not sure if we parse
this information on maven poms, if we don't it's a bug which needs to be
fixed for 2.0.

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/