ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reusability of ivy cache
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:07:12 GMT
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Ernest Pasour <Ernest.Pasour@sas.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to attain maximum reusability of the artifacts in my Ivy
> cache.  I have multiple groups of projects, each group having its own ivy
> repository chain.   What I would like to do is point the repository cache at
> a global location (i.e. ivy.cache.repository).  Each group would point the
> resolution cache (ivy.cache.resolution) at a group-specific location.  So I
> have something like this:
>
> Group A
> ivy.cache.repository="global_cache"
> ivy.cache.resolution="A"
>
> Group B
> ivy.cache.repository="global_cache"
> ivy.cache.resolution="B"
>
> Is this safe?

This is safe if
- you use the artifact-lock lock strategy for your repository cache:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/configuration/lock-strategies.html
- you don't have two processes using the same resolution cache concurrently

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/