ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Probable "configuration" misconfiguration
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:34:52 GMT
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Matt Reynolds <matt.reynolds@qsent.com>
wrote:

> > Unfortunately, this is not fixed yet, and pretty difficult to fix on
> > your
> > own if you don't have a good knowledge of Ivy internals. Indeed,
> > sometimes
> > sharing configuration mapping between evicted and selected revision
> > makes
> > sense, that's why it has been introduced. So we can't simply remove
> > this
> > sharing, we need to implement something smart enough to deal with all
> > the
> > cases.
> >
> > As a workaround, you can still use fallback configurations.
>
> Right, but this involves republishing all artifacts with a conf of
> "*->*"?  Or a different pattern?
>
> We can do that, but it's a pretty serious undertaking currently, since
> we use exact versioning for all dependencies, which would require a
> significant amount of effort for the 50+ projects we have.

I understand, it's only a poor workaround, the best would be to get this
fixed. Since this bug is targeted in 2.0, and that we (Ivy team) are now
focusing on bug fixing, let's hope it won't take too long to see this bug
fixed. OTOH, don't get discouraged by my words, if you wish to try to fix
this yourself, go ahead.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/