ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE Accepted Types
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:42:31 GMT
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> ON further examination it is doing as you describe.
>
> 1. Search for all artifacts in conf.
> 2. Download all artifacts in conf.
> 3. Filter by type and place only those artifacts on the classpath.
>
> Can this be modified so we only download the artifacts that are filtered.
>  Or at least have a attribute to turn it on?
>
> I can see this functionality being more obvious:
>
> 1. Search for all artifacts in conf of type="x(,y...)"
> 2. Download only these artifacts Completely ignoring any of the wrong
> type.
>
> What do you guys think?

I agree it would be nice to improve this, but we'd have to think about all
the side effects, since a resolve can be reused, possibly with a different
filter. Maybe dependency resolution and metadata collection should be fully
done, and only artifacts download would be skipped. Then later if an
artifact is missing Ivy could simply download it. Please open an issue in
JIRA to ask for that.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/