ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Grydholt Jensen" <grydh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem: failed to create task or type antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant:retrieve
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:00:03 GMT
On 17/04/2008, Trevin Beattie <tbeattie@boingo.com> wrote:
> More details: I downloaded a fresh copy of the source tarballs of both
>  ant-1.6.2 and ant-1.6.5 from archive.apache.org, built them (without any
>  vendor patches), and ran the full command line for each, *without*
>  explicitly adding ivy on the classpath.  With ant-1.6.2, the build
>  succeeded.  With ant-1.6.5, the build failed.  So it looks like ivy is
>  incompatible with newer versions of ant.  (1.6.5 is 3 years old, BTW)

I just tested 1.6.5 with 2.0.0-beta2 on Windows XP and it worked fine.
So it doesn't seem that ivy is incompatible with ant 1.6.5 in general.
But, it is strange that your combination of OS, ant and ivy does not
work. What is the output of ant -v (version 1.6.5 and ivy in
~/.ant/lib)? I am also curious to see the value of ${user.home}.

Best regards,
Jacob Grydholt Jensen