ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jim White <...@pagesmiths.com>
Subject JSR-223 for Ivy Roundup
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 03:25:53 GMT
Hey Archie!

Ivy Roundup is a dandy deal, particularly as was looking to get
something similar started myself.

An artifact I need is the JAR for JSR-223 (javax.script) which is needed
for JDK 1.5 (it is built into JDK 1.6 of course).  It is a very elusive
beast.

AFAICT, the most dependable location of the most up-to-date binary is in
Phobos SVN on java.net.

https://phobos.dev.java.net/source/browse/phobos/phobos/lib/jsr223-api.jar?rev=1.3&view=log

So for a plain get (albeit https since http just redirects to https),
this would be the place to go:

https://phobos.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/phobos/phobos/lib/jsr223-api.jar?rev=1.3

I can't find the sources they use for that.  The JSR-223 "RI" packages
only seem to contain binaries and documentation (often in PDF).  Also
they involve going through Sun's click-thru license jazz.

I also need to work out Ivy packaging for JSR-223 engines (and their
dependencies), starting with those at java.net:

https://scripting.dev.java.net/

My original plan (now postponed due to the proximity of JavaOne) was to
semi-automate the process, but I need to get this together for at least
some of them for demo and alpha release purposes.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this!

Jim