ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Laccetti <mich...@s2g.ca>
Subject Re: Dependencies and Global Excludes
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:53:37 GMT

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-808  :)

> I'll answer with a trunk feature (which has changed since beta 2). The
> easiest is to override the version required, instead of excluding / adding.
> This can be achieved like this:
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0">
>         [...]
>         <dependencies>
>                 [put your dependencies here]
>
>                 <override org="org.spring" module="spring-ldap"
> rev="1.2.1" />
>         </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> But I just notice that you ask to override the organization too, which is
> not possible currently. So you can either ensure more consistent names with
> a namespace (both versions of spring-ldap should have the same org), or use
> global exclude:
>
> <ivy-module version="2.0">
>         [...]
>         <dependencies>
>                 [put your dependencies here]
>
>                 <exclude org="org.spring" module="spring-ldap"
> rev="1.1.2" />
>         </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> HTH,
>
> Xavier

(Spring must have changed the package structure; if I could fix that, I
would.)

That does seem like a good feature, just wondering if you'll push a beta
3 release, or do some sort of snapshot?  This goes +10 for IvyDE;
pointing co-workers to random builds hosted on places that I read about
via e-mail doesn't really help me convince them that it is stable for
production use.  :)

Mike