ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dtayl <dt...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Re: documentation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:45:52 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <
> nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 13 avr. 08 à 02:10, Jing Xue a écrit :
>>> There is a wiki for Ivy, as well as for any Apache project.  8-)
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/ivy/
>>>
>> oops, I don't know why I didn't saw it, good point ;)
>

> Maybe because we don't really use it. It seems some people would be
> interested in contributing to an open form of documentation as a wiki (which
> doesn't replace the official reference documentation, which IMHO is better
> managed at the same place as the sources). So maybe the problem is that we
> need to initialize the effort. Maybe it's because people aren't used to
> MoinMoin, or don't like it. I often see people saying they prefer
> Confluence, I do prefer confluence too. Since we have almost nothing on our
> current wiki, maybe we could consider migrating to a confluence wiki, and
> see if more people get involved?
>
> WDYT?
>
> Xavier

I went to the above URL, and saw darkness. First I cursed the darkness,
but then finally resolved to light a candle. I planned to start by
uploading some existing basic descriptions (in Confluence wiki syntax)
of our Ivy build system (created by Xavier), to show one example of Ivy
in action (aka "use case", in geektalk). Then I saw MoinMoin...I've
returned to cursing the darkness.

WDIT? Confluence hurts, but my workplace uses it.
Confluence + MoinMoin = Wiki OD.
Please migrate to anything that won't force me to learn another wiki.

thanks,
dtayl