ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Archie Cobbs" <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:42:09 GMT
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That being said, I see a problem with hosting the repository in google
> code
> svn repo: access seems to be very slow sometimes, and subversion doesn't
> help. Maybe it would be interesting to have a public file server launching
> an svn up in a cron? I have a small box which I use for xoocode.orghosting,
> I could set this up if you think it's interesting.

Yes, that would be easy. If you checkout the project, you'll see that when
you run "ant" it builds the entire repository as a directory tree under
repo/. Then, upon successful review, the developer would commit that repo/
subtree into SVN and it automatically becomes available via HTTP from Google
SVN.

Of course there's no reason you couldn't take repo/ and copy it to some
faster web server if you wanted, e.g. using svn update as you suggest.

I haven't experienced slowness with Google SVN, and the files being
downloaded are small, but on the other hand I haven't done any performance
testing.

Sure, let's try it. Here's the URL to checkout:
http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs