ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: exclude dependency but resolve *its* dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:43:37 GMT

Quoting Clements Mark <clements@OFAC.CH>:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to define a dependency in ivy.xml something like
> this:
>
>  <dependency  name="OFACOF" rev="HEAD" conf="compile,run"
> changing="true" >
>      <exclude name="OFACOF"/>
>  </dependency>
>
> ie resolving and retrieving the dependencies of OFACOF, but not have
> OFACOF itself available from Ivy (I want to supply it from a local
> project in Eclipse).
>
> Without publishing my integration version of OFACOF to a local
> repository, is it possible to do this? If I've missed something obvious
> in the docs could someone please point me to it?

Setting up a local file system repo isn't that hard really - all it
takes is mkdir and copy (or the ant counterparts).

The only other way I can think of is to set the local project to be a
"required project" of the target project in the later's eclipse build
config. That would override whatever jars from the same project added
to the classpath. Also automatically gives you association to the
source code.

HTH.
--
Jing