ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From kroekle <kroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Success with app servers in Eclipse WTP - Hot Deploy
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:16:07 GMT

To ask Bobby's question another way, when using the IvyDE plugin what success
have people had with using ivy to control the classpath/deployment to the
local app server for development & debugging?  We are having problems
getting the correct projects/jars to deploy in order to do local development
work.  Our "application" is broken up into several eclipse "projects" and we
would like to be able to use ivy to control what needs to be deployed and to
be able to debug through Eclipse without having to run build scripts and
restarting the app server.

Do some app servers work better then others with IvyDE?  Is there some
special configuration that needs to be done?  What successful setups have
people used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kurt