ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Robert Voliva <rvol...@gatessolutions.com>
Subject Success with app servers in Eclipse WTP - Hot Deploy
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 03:09:25 GMT

Hello,

We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to Eclipse - at the same time
bringing in Ivy.  All is well with Ivy, but we're having issues finding an
app server that works well with WTP in Eclipse.  We typically use Tomcat,
but the known issues with Tomcat/Eclipse where the hot deploy doesn't work (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Tomcat_FAQ#Why_does_my_context_reload_after_I_publish_a_change_that_only_involves_a_changed_JSP.3F
WTP Tomcat FAQ ) keeps us from going with Tomcat.

I've tried Glassfish, but it keeps erroring out on startup.  It complains
about an "invalid TLD resource path", and two "ClassNotFoundException"s on
filters that are most definitely deployed with the application.

So, I guess my question is two-fold.  One, any ideas what's wrong with
Glassfish here?  Second, and perhaps most importantly, what app servers have
you had success with using Eclipse WTP and hot deploy?

Thanks,
Bobby