ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ernest Pasour <Ernest.Pas...@sas.com>
Subject retrieving the modules and organizations via the API
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 19:05:01 GMT
I'm using 2.0B1

I'm trying to use an Ivy object to determine the modules in my current ivy repo chain.  So
I do something like the following:

Ivy ivy = Ivy.newInstance();
OrganisationEntry[] orgEntries=ivy.listOrganisationEntries();
for (int i=0;i<orgEntries.length;i++)
{
        ModuleEntry[] modules=ivy.listModules(orgEntries[i]);
}

However, the list of OrganisationEntry objects I get back does not match the organizations
that are expected in the ivy.xml file:
<dependency name="JavaMail" rev="1.4.0" org="TPJ" conf="runtime,compile"/>

In this case, I don't get back any "TPJ" organization at all.  I *do* get all the modules
back, but with duplicates and some with bogus organizations.

Also, if I use the Ivy api to do a resolve on a ModuleRevisionId constructed from the module
name and [bogus] organization, it fails.

So, my questions are:
1. is this a bug?
2. is there a way for me to query the organizations/modules that will let me feed them back
into the ivy.xml file/resolve call correctly.
3. I still need to be able to query each module for the available revisions, which seems to
work correctly at the moment, despite the conflicting data.

Thanks,
Ernest