ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jonathan doklovic <jdoklo...@ibsys.com>
Subject Re: Ivy RoundUp Repository - feedback requested
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:22:58 GMT
Interesting idea.

I really think there is a need for a stable public repo as well as some
standards for conf naming and such.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the build instructions though. It seems that
pulling artifacts from the creators websites has some problems. Off the
top of my head...  it could add a lot of time to resolve since a lot of
OS sites are slow. (including sourceforge).  Also, as time goes by,
sites have a tendency to archive artifacts and sometimes even remove
them altogether, which would then in turn break the build instructions
in either case.  Just seems like it might be more maintenance than it's
worth.

In my opinion, disk space is cheap and it would be more reliable to
store copies of the artifacts in the public repo.

Cool work though.

- Jonathan