ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of ivy repository
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:39:59 GMT
On 03/03/2008, Brown, Carlton <Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I notice that there is a location labeled "official ivy repository" at
> http://www.jayasoft.fr/org/ivyrep/
>
> Is it still considered authoritative, and it is actively maintained?

It is not.

If not, is there some other public repository of ivy files and/or
> artifacts?

We are relying on the maven central repository.
The good thing with this repository is that it is "big" and rather complete.
The bad thing is that the pom are not always as clean as it should.

It occurs to me that the resolution of open-source transitive
> dependencies is only as reliable as the metadata repository.  I notice
> that this official ivyrep has only 29 modules, not very much.  It seems
> that if our applications depend on many open-source modules, then we
> must invest a lot of time in creating Ivy files corresponding to the pom
> files in Maven central.  Is that an accurate assumption?    Or is there
> some helper tool that can generate this for us?

You can actually use the install task in order to build your own repository
and patch it when required.

--
Gilles Scokart