ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Campbell" <mtthw.cmp...@gmail.com>
Subject Resolvers and m2compatible
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:05:52 GMT
Hey folks:

    I was wondering what reasons dictate that some resolvers can use
m2compatible and some can't.  My use case is that we have an internal team
server that is structure in the maven2 format in order to support legacy
maven2 projects.  I'm attempting to publish artifacts from our Ivy build to
the repository, but I would like to have the m2compatible transformations
done on the final destination (dots to slashes, etc) so that maven2 projects
would potentially be able to grab the Ivy-produced jars.  We're currently
publishing artifacts via an sftp resolver, but I don't see the m2compatible
option available for it and don't see any other publish-capable resolvers
that have it.  Glancing through the Ivy source, it looks like the
"isM2Compatible" calls climb all the way up to AbstractResourceResolver, so
it seems like almost all resolvers should have the option to have the
transformations done.  I'm fairly new to Ivy (and rough at Maven as well),
so please point me towards anything that would give me a better idea of why
this isn't the case.  If it's just a matter of no one pulling the
functionality into the rest of the resolvers, then I'll look at doing so.
Thanks so much folks for a great tool,

-Matt