ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:53:09 GMT

Le 10 mars 08 à 19:38, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

>> http://xoocode.org/downloads/tools/ivyde/plugins/org.apache.ivyde.eclips
>> e_1.3.0.20080307162500.jar

>>> And you've made a real update site, so installing from your
>>> site is as easy
>>> as adding a new remote update site in eclipse. Great!
>>

>> Do you want to add a pointer on the homepage, like
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi ?
> Since this is unofficial / unsupported builds, I don't know if adding
> a link on download.cgi is recommended / allowed. Maybe one could blog
> about this with a link to the update site, then we could easily add a
> link to the blog post on the link page.
>
> WDYT?

I would say that these are just links. I think the only restriction is
that they have to not be hosted by apache. Although download.cgi might
be confusing about that status.
And further more the update site I created is on a server which has a
bandwidth limit, so it could be down on the end of each month. And
people will expect links on download.cgi to work. I think that it will
better fit on the links page: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html.

Nicolas