ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Dependency generation
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 01:57:45 GMT

The missing link is that you need a repository.  It can be dirt simple
like a shared network directory, as long as it observes a consistent
layout scheme.  You don't have to use the Maven 2 scheme.  But it's
simple, most of the examples follow that scheme, and a number of useful
tools anticipate it in their defaults, like Archiva.  It's nothing but
organisation/module/revision/artifact.jar.

For your internal repository I suggest reserving the right to be very
creative with organisation to uniquely identify modules, don't just use
com/mycompany and stick everything under that.  You can look at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ and see how different projects have
approached it.  Good luck.