ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Does Ivy really have a cache resolver?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:53:39 GMT

OK, so after doing some digging I found that there is a cache resolver
which extends FS resolver, but I don't understand its behavior at all,
and there doesn't seem to be any documentation or unit tests on it.

All I'm looking for is some way to publish and resolve strictly to a
cache, no other resolvers involved.   And preferably this resolver
doesn't need to specify any artifacts or ivy pattern, because it's
defined explicitly or implicitly by the cache definition.   Does Ivy
have anything like this?

I experimented with the cache resolver, I found that Ivy will not
prohibit a resolver definition of <cache name="mycacheresolver"/>, but
will not add it to the list of resolvers.  If you try to specify any
patterns or attributes, the settings task fails with a message that
there is no appropriate method to add these things.

Help much appreciated... It would really be a benefit if we could
interact only with the cache without any repository.