ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:41:30 GMT
Since I began using beta 2, Ivy no longer uses the cache directory I
specified in my settings file, which looks like this:

<ivysettings>
<settings defaultResolver="internal-with-m2-fallback"
checkUpToDate="true" />
<cache basedir="c:\ivy2\cache" />
<!-- etcetera-->

Now my default cache is.ivy2/cache in users's home.   C:\ivy2\cache is
never referenced or changed.

So, I look at the documentation and apparently <cache> is no longer a
child element of <ivysettings> as of beta-2, it now goes under <caches>.
OK, no problem.   I change the settings to:

<ivysettings>
<settings defaultResolver="internal-with-m2-fallback"
checkUpToDate="true" />
<caches>
    <cache basedir="c:\ivy2\cache" />
</caches>
<!-- etcetera-->

Still does not work!

So, I decide something is wrong with basedir and I go with the new
settings.
<caches defaultCacheDir="c:\tools\ivy2\cache" />

Finally, success.   So is the documentation out of date, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Carlton

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>