ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Status of ivy repository
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:20:19 GMT

Thanks, I thought that is what you meant, and this is certainly
intuitive behavior.   I just was not able to be 100% certain from the
documentation.

Like the <ivy> pattern name is confusing, I also find the resolver name
"ibiblio" somewhat confusing as well.  I can't see how it is any
different from the <url> resolver except that it uses pom files to
resolve the dependency graph.  You could just get rid of the ibiblio
resolver altogether as well as the ivy pattern and do something like
this:
<resolver name="foo">
	<url name="foo-url" root="http://myreposerver/myrepo/">
		<artifact
pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
		<schema type="maven2">

<pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[resolution]-[revision].[ex
t]"/>
		</schema>
	</url>
</resolver>

This way your resolver would be coupled to a resolution schema instead
of a file extension.  Then the ibiblio resolver would become
unnecessary.