ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Another approach to Webdav support
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:32:01 GMT
I have read the discussions on this list about webdav support.

Right now it seems not possible to use webdav support without a
custom build of Ivy and building commons-vfs-sandbox.

My impression is that is may take a quite a while until vfs works
(and is shipped) with http-commons-3.0.

I think Webdav support is pretty important. For example all codehaus
projects use webdav repositories for there distributions. It looks
very easy to write a Webdav-Resolver for Ivy. One could use slide,
which is no longer maintained but does its job (at least for a simple
PUT). And Slide works for me with http-commons-3.0. So unless I have
missed a simple way to use webdav with Ivy, I gonna write such a
Webdav-Resolver. Of course I'm happy to contribute it to Ivy. I think
Ivy 2.0 final should not ship without webdav support.

- Hans