ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: Ant NPE caused by IVY
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:26:55 GMT
Eeek! That's horrid.

I wonder, do they know about this one? 

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com] 
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:11 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant NPE caused by IVY

I think this is an Ant bug, not Ivy one (see my comment on jira issue).

Build file to reproduce the NPE:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="AntNPE" default="init">
  <target name="init">
    <echo id="test">test</echo>
  </target>

  <target name="clean" depends="init"/>
</project>

As you can see there's no Ivy related stuff in this build, and you'll
get the same NPE.

Xavier

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Buck, Robert <rbuck@verisign.com>
wrote:

> Same NPE.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:45 AM
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Ant NPE caused by IVY
>
> And what happens if you add a loaderRef attribute to your taskdef?
>
>    <taskdef resource="org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml"
> uri="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant" classpathref="ivy.lib.path"
> loaderRef="ivy.loader" />
>
> Maarten
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: "Buck, Robert" <rbuck@verisign.com>
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:33:23 PM
> Subject: RE: Ant NPE caused by IVY
>
> Yes, I tried changing the settings id and it did not help at all. I 
> also tried changing the override property with no effect.
>
> Thanks
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:09 AM
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Ant NPE caused by IVY
>
> Seems like a bug to me, could you create a new issue in JIRA?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY
>
> Just a guess, but maybe you can workaround this NPE by using another 
> settings id instead of "ivy.instance"?
>
> thanks,
> Maarten
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: "Buck, Robert" <rbuck@verisign.com>
> To: "Buck, Robert" <rbuck@verisign.com>; ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:25:22 AM
> Subject: RE: Ant NPE caused by IVY
>
> This even simpler file fails even when you call "ant init clean".
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <project name="buildmagic" default="init"
> xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant">
>  <target name="init">
>    <path id="ivy.lib.path">
>      <fileset dir="." includes="*.jar"/>
>      <fileset dir="./lib" includes="*.jar"/>
>    </path>
>    <taskdef resource="org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml"
> uri="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant" classpathref="ivy.lib.path"/>
>    <ivy:settings id="ivy.instance" file="ivysettings.xml"
> override="true"/>
>  </target>
>  <target name="clean" depends="init"/> </project>
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: Buck, Robert
> Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:18 PM
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Ant NPE caused by IVY
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Put these files into the ivy directory and call "ant clean dist", and 
> blammo! The sample files below are the simplest implementations of 
> these files to produce the NPE.
>
> BUILD FAILED
> D:\dev\rbuck\sandboxes\smq-msgbus-dev\releng\vendor\ivy\build.xml:9:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:357)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
>        at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExec
> ut
> or.java:41)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigu
> ra
> ble.java:381)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigu
> ra
> ble.java:349)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.maybeConfigure(Task.java:202)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:347)
>        ... 10 more
> --- Nested Exception ---
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigu
> ra
> ble.java:381)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigu
> ra
> ble.java:349)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.maybeConfigure(Task.java:202)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:347)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
>        at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExec
> ut
> or.java:41)
>        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
>
> Total time: 0 seconds
>
> Any reasonable workaround appreciated.
>
> This is with Beta2, AND with the latest checked out source code.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bob
>
> ========build.xml===================
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <project name="buildmagic" default="init"
> xmlns:ivy="antlib:fr.jayasoft.ivy.ant">
>  <target name="init">
>    <path id="ivy.lib.path">
>      <fileset dir="." includes="*.jar"/>
>      <fileset dir="./lib" includes="*.jar"/>
>    </path>
>    <taskdef resource="fr/jayasoft/ivy/ant/antlib.xml"
> uri="antlib:fr.jayasoft.ivy.ant" classpathref="ivy.lib.path"/>
>    <ivy:settings id="ivy.instance" file="ivysettings.xml"
> override="true"/>
>  </target>
>  <target name="clean" depends="init"/>  <target name="dist" 
> depends="init"/> </project> ========ivysettings.xml===================
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <ivysettings>
> </ivysettings>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> __
> ____________
> Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.
> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> __
> ____________
> Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.
> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
>



--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ http://www.xoocode.org/

Mime
View raw message