ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>
Subject Beta 2: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:04:44 GMT
I just completed the upgrade to IVY 2 Beta 2. Overall I consider the
release an overall success. I like the new flexible cache management
support over all. However, there is one BIG regression...

I use IVY for both resolving third party dependencies from our secure
ivy repository, as well as to manage inter-project dependencies. Since
using Beta 2 I have been having PermGen space issues. I am now up to
reserving 256M of PermSpace. Guys, there is definitely something wrong
here. For comparison, the global SMS messaging gateways that your
SMS/MMS traffic goes through, only has 64M, and that is running JBoss
with all sorts of stuff loaded. I cannot see any reason to require 256M
of PermGen space.

Again, I just want to emphasize that the overall release is fantastic.
Fixing this one issue would go a long way.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space