ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Buck, Robert" <>
Subject RE: Can Caches Be Associated with Specific Resolvers?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:04:47 GMT

Woohoo! That's Fantastic Xavier. I am looking forward to cleaning up the
workarounds I put in place.

I will provide any feedback as I work through trying this.

Thanks so much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin []
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: Can Caches Be Associated with Specific Resolvers?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Buck, Robert <>
> Hi,
>  I was looking over the details of IVY 2 Beta 2 the other day and I
> had  one question.
>  It looks like one can set up caches that have affinity to particular

> types of files, or patterns. On the other hand, can one define a
> specific cache per resolver regardless of pattern (this would seem to
> be  the other dimension people would consider) ?
Actually, the former is not possible (pattern affinity) but the latter
is... it seems we "just" forgot to update the documentation on the
resolvers page: with beta 2 all resolvers have a cache attribute, which
allow to give the name of the cache instance to associate with the
resolver. With pluggable caches, it's a great improvement to Ivy