ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Neil Lott <neilmatthewl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: defaultLatestStrategy
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:53:23 GMT
Hi Antoine,

Thanks for the feedback.

Its a decision our team has made that we want to keep the same version
number until we branch and in our case it was a preference among the
team as a whole.

I tried the checkUpToDate -- here's my settings file and it looks like
the cache always resolves to the old version.

<ivysettings>
   <settings defaultResolver="chained" checkUpToDate="true"/>

	<caches default="twc-cache" checkUpToDate="true">
	  <cache name="twc-cache" basedir="${ivy.cache.dir}"/>
	</caches>

   <resolvers>
	<chain name="chained">
		<filesystem name="local" checkmodified="true">
			<ivy pattern="${ivy.local.repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/
[revision]/[module]-[revision].[ext]"/>
         	<artifact pattern="${ivy.local.repository.dir}/
[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
	  </filesystem>
		<filesystem name="shared" checkmodified="true">
			<ivy pattern="${server.root}/ivy/repository/[organisation]/[module]/
[revision]/[module]-[revision].[ext]"/>
         	<artifact pattern="${server.root}/ivy/repository/
[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
	   </filesystem>
	</chain>
   </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

I also looked at the ivy:resolve task but didn't see the changing
attribute in the 2.0.0.2 beta version or the 2.0.0.1 beta.  I saw the
changing variable that can be set, is that what you are referring to?

Neil