ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject ivy.original.xml cache bug?
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:23:42 GMT
I have a caches tag like this:

                <caches defaultCacheDir="${ivy.cacheDir.root}/${env.CACHE_DIR}-${env.BUILD_REVISION}"
ivyPattern="${lgcbuild.releaseName}/[module]/[branch]/[revision]/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"
artifactPattern="${lgcbuild.releaseName}/[module]/[branch]/[revision]/[type]/[home]/[homeType]/[path]/[artifact].[ext]"/>

which includes my custom attributes of [home], [homeType], and [path].  In my ivy.xml files,
some of these custom attributes are filled out and some are left as empty strings.  The empty
strings allow them to be ignored when used as directories.  Everything seems to work fine
for the publish, resolve, and retrieve.  However, my cache is not quite right.  The ivy.xml
is properly using the ivyPattern above in my caches tag, however, there is some other ivy.original.xml
file that seems to be using the artifactPattern.  Because it is using the artifactPattern
AND there is no value at all for my custom attributes (not even an empty string), the cache
is placing the ivy.original.xml file into subdirectories with "[home]", "[homeType]", and
"[path]" as names.  This ivy.original.xml file is probably a new file as a result of an enhancement
recently implemented in IVY 2 to retain original dependency information.

Regardless, I would think the ivy.original.xml file should probably also use the ivyPattern
in the cache and not the artifactPattern??

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.