ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: specify versions separate from dependencies
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:24:54 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-user@nmhq.net>
wrote:

> On Mon 2008-03-31 at 18:20h, Xavier Hanin wrote on ivy-user:
> :
> > OTOH, feel free to open an issue in JIRA detailing what you'd like
> > to have (letting a module exclude another one in whole dependency
> > graph).
>
> My feeling is that this is rather about what I *don't* want to have. ;)
> I'm worried about having such modules as dependencies one day, and
> having to work around their published exclude/override/conflict
> directives with yet more such directives in my own modules, and
> possibly having to tell the clients of my own modules to do the same.
>
> It's all fine (only) as long you control all the modules involved.
> But in that case, why wouldn't you simply specify these features
> globally for your build?

Fine. And specifying globally for the build will somewhat be possible with
module descriptor inclusion: define a root module descriptor defining your
excludes, and include this descriptor in all your modules, and you're done.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/