ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with creating a repository
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:26:06 GMT
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Alan Chaney <alan@writingshow.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In an earlier message I raised problems with namespaces. Well, I've
> moved on since then and found a workaround for that.
> I now have another problem:
>

> I am trying to build an 'enterprise repository' which is basically a
> mirror of information mostly available from the maven repo.
> If I use the transitive="true" switch in <ivy:install I end up with
> problems with not being able to find all of the required jars mainly due
> to problems with bad metadata in the maven repositories.
>
> In many cases I don't need the transitive classes for my own projects.
>
> I've searched the docs and there seem to be two alterntives:
>
> 1. Download the jars I need, and create my own ivy.xml files for each
> jar explicitly stating the dependencies which are relevant
> 2. Use transitive = true and then hand edit the ivy files in my
> repository and then hand edit the ones which have dependencies on jars I
> don't need to remove those dependencies.
>
> It seems that what I would really like to do is to specify to
> <ivy:install> that it should exclude some dependencies but there doesn't
> seem to be a way to do this.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

You can actually write an ivy.xml describing what you want to install,
leveraging flexible exclusion and transitivity options of ivy files to
describe whatever you want. Then you can either:
- call retrieve for this ivy file, using a pattern in retrieve that you'll
later be able to use as a repository (do not forget to retrieve ivy files
too)
- put this ivy file in a repository (properly configured a local directory
can be a repository) and install this virtual module transitively

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/